On the death of the founder in 1921, the firm was incorporated as a private Limited Company with W.G. James, who had joined the firm in 1911, as Managing Director. He served until his death in 1962 when the company continued under the direction of his sons, John, Thomas, and Robert James.
To read a full history of Coulson, please click here.
For over a century and a quarter, the name of Coulson has become synonymous with quality building work. The Company's influence on and involvement in the development of twentieth century Cambridge is witnessed in many of the fine University and College buildings throughout the City's historic centre.
Over the years Coulson's work has embraced almost every aspect of the Region's infrastructure, including war defence installations, major public housing projects and the growth of the 'Cambridge Phenomenon'.
Today Coulson Building Group continue to enjoy ongoing success, building on its excellent reputation and long standing tradition of being one of the East of England’s premier building companies.